Organizer: Qian Xiao, Tianjin University, email@example.com
The online submission system is available: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ceege2023, choose Special Session 2 .
In the past decades, the distribution system has witnessed the growing adoption of distributed energy resources (DERs), distributed generations (DGs), and energy storage systems (ESSs), alongside the widespread application of electric vehicles (EVs) and the related charging infrastructures. To effectively integrate the above sources and loads with improved operation economy and flexibility, power electronics technology is becoming the key enabling approach and inevitable trend in the distribution system. However, the large-scale applications of power electronics devices also increase the challenges in power calculations, operation optimization, coordinated system control, harmonic stability, monitoring and diagnosis, etc. To better deal with the above challenges, this special session is devoted to disseminating state-of-the-art research efforts and developing the Power Electronics-Based Distribution System. The topics of research papers include but are not limited to:
1) Concepts, topologies, and technical features of power electronics-based distribution system
2) Advanced computational and analysis methods for large-scale power electronics-based distribution system
3) Modelling and advanced control technologies
4) Control interactions and stability analysis
5) Advanced monitoring, diagnosis, protection and fault ride-through techniques
6) Edge cloud collaboration architecture and its applications
7) Data-driven/artificial intelligence-based methods for modelling, control, and optimization
8) Power electronics-based large-scale integration techniques of energy storage system
9) Auxiliary service of the large-scale energy storage system in the distribution system
10) Interactions between the power electronics-based distribution system and the integrated energy system
Qian Xiao received the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Tianjin University, Tianjin, China, in 2020. From October 2018 to November 2019, he was a Visiting Scholar with the Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. In January 2020, he joined Tianjin University, where he is currently an Associate Professor. Dr. Xiao serves as the Associate Editor for PROTECTION AND CONTROL OF MODERN POWER SYSTEMS, the Editor of ENERGIES, and the director of IEEE PES DC power System Satellite Committee (China) Low Voltage DC Technical Subcommittee. He has been awarded the First Prize of China Electric Power Technology Innovation Awards, the Second Prize of China Electric Power Science and Technology Progress Awards (two items), Outstanding Doctoral Graduate of Tianjin University, Best International Conference Paper Awards, and Doctoral Student Academic Forum Excellence Award of Tianjin University. His research interests include DC distribution network, distributed energy resources and microgrids, power electronics technology (mainly the multilevel converters) and their applications in smart grids and integrated energy systems, battery energy storage systems, and applications of artificial intelligence in power electronics-based power systems.